Our Sponsor on TwitterMy Tweets
- Newport woman loses life in crash September 18, 2019Tuesday afternoon at noon Oregon State Police (OSP) and emergency personnel responded to a report of of a vehicle crash on US Highway 20 near milepost 4. Once on scene, it was determined the driver, Linda C. Dodson, age 68, from Newport, was pronounced deceased at the scene. The preliminary investigation revealed Dodson was driving […]
- Dune Buggy drivers…play safe and polite out there…. September 17, 2019Upcoming public check point at Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area to be relocated to 10 mile OHV Route Reedsport, OR – The previously scheduled OHV public check point at Umpqua Riding Area will now be held at 10 mile OHV Route from 11am – 1pm. Forest Service officials are reminding riders that the purpose of […]
- Traffic Alert: Highway 20 four miles east of Newport September 17, 2019U.S. 20 Corvallis-Newport Highway is blocked by a serious crash at milepost 4, two miles west of Toledo. The eastbound lanes are closed. Traffic is being flagged through the area and there is a long backup. The road is expected to be blocked for several hours for crash investigation and cleanup. Travelers are advised to […]
- Traffic Crash on Highway 20, milepost 3 September 17, 20191:46pm – Vehicle crash on Highway 20, about three miles east of Newport. Watch for emergency vehicles.
- Senator Ron Wyden winds up a long overdue pitch September 17, 2019From Oregon Senator Ron Wyden America has two tax codes: one for workers who pay taxes out of every paycheck and one for the ultra-wealthy who cheat the system to pay what they want, when they want and sometimes nothing at all. In fact, the average family worth more than $100 million has never paid taxes […]
- Yard Burning begins again Thursday, September 19th September 17, 2019Yard Debris Burning resumes in Lincoln County effective Thursday, September 19 The Lincoln County Fire Defense Board, and the nine fire protection agencies are opening burn season Thursday, September 19, 2019. With our recent rain and forecasted precipitation, the risk of fire spread has decreased and is expected to remain at a low level. This summer’s weath […]
- Bad traffic crash on Highway 20, 4 miles east of Newport September 17, 2019Noon: Bad crash on Highway 20 about four miles east of Newport.
- Unemployment remains low in Oregon September 17, 2019Oregon’s Unemployment Rate Remains at 4.0 Percent in August Oregon’s unemployment rate was 4.0 percent in August, the same as in June and July. The U.S. unemployment rate was 3.7 percent during each of the most recent three months of June, July, and August. Oregon’s unemployment rate has been between 4.0 percent and 4.4 […]
- Newport City Council: Parks Master Plan, Taxi Cab Service, thumbs down on styrofoam September 17, 2019Newport City Councilors Monday night started shaking the ground underneath some long running challenges like parks, taxi cabs, styrofoam food containers and discouraging the construction of “dream homes” precariously perched atop unstable shore bluffs. It was agreed among the councilors that over the past ten years, or so, city’s parks have been less than lo […]
- Does hearing loss and dementia go hand in hand? September 16, 2019by Le’Anne McEachern, Au.D. Doctor of Audiology Hearingnewport.com 541 272 5015 Newport, OR Can Hearing Aids Prevent Memory Loss Down the Road? An overview by Dr. Le’Anne McEachern, Newport, OR For people with hearing loss, using a hearing aid is associated with a reduced risk of three common health problems of aging—dementia, depression, and falls—according […]
- Self-accused church arsonist turns himself in… September 16, 2019A man has turned himself in to authorities in connection with the church fire in Gleneden Beach over the weekend. Arrested was Jordan Savariego for Arson, Burglary, Criminal Trespass and Criminal Mischief. He’s being held on a third of a million dollars bail. The fire broke out Sunday afternoon and spread very quickly throughout the […]
- Prepping our high schoolers for College September 16, 2019
- Mid Coast Watershed Council needs YOU to be on a fun work party! September 16, 2019Yaquina Restoration Work Party for Orca Recovery Day Date: Saturday, October 19th Time: We will meet at the Eddyville Post Office at 9:45 AM to carpool/caravan/shuttle to the site about 15 minutes away. We will work until 2 PM with lunch/snack breaks as needed. What to Bring: Water and food, rain protection, working boots and […]
- Even the Sun needs a bit of shut-eye sometimes… September 16, 2019
- Newport woman loses life in crash September 18, 2019